Monday, February 20, 2006

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Today is a true gift for me. As posted previously, today is Family Day in Alberta, and thus a civic holiday.

My husband is off at a coaching clinic. My daughter, granddaughter and I were traveling 1 1/2 hrs one way to see Dora the Explorer, so my son was at his best friends til his hockey game tonight.Then ,low and behold, just a few minutes on the highway and the road to see Dora, a snowstorm blew in and we had to return home.
So here I sit with an unexpected day, all my chores and work are either caught up or put aside for tommorow, and I am alone in my house.Until at least 9pm tonight.

Here are the some of the things I will be doing today:

Laying on the best spot on the couch, holding the remote, and switching when I want, to what I want.

Eating, what I want and when I want.

Sitting in the hot tub and catch snowflakes on my tongue.

Finish reading the Portrait of a Lady ( perhaps even in the hot tub).

Listen to Janis Joplin's "Pearl", with the volume way up, and sing along, with a fake mike.

Call my best friend that moved away, so she can listen to it with me.

Journal.

Blog, perhaps....

I will not:
Answer the phone or attempt to get ahead start on tommorow.

It may seem odd that spending Family Day away from my family is such a treat for me, but I feel not one twinge of remorse. I'm fueling up for the upcoming 364 days .

2 comments:

oshee said...

Yay for you!
Here it is President's Day which then means my entire family is home with me all day. Which is fine and all, except I did just have a weekend with them. I get my best housework done when nobody else is messing it up behind me lol.
I think reenergized Hope is good for family. I always appreciate my hope renewed :-).

The Idiot Speaketh said...

Hope...I published a post called "Bathroom truths" with inspiration from your husbands little urinal slip......Check it out when u can...happu family day!