After two days of hitting it hard, as a result of very poor planning on my part, I have a blessed couple of hours to regroup, refreshen before I tackle my next meeting. And I take off my boss hat, do a check that our son's substitute family for the day is still ok with that, and I am allowed to breathe. And I breathe.
And it starts. The beeps. First one, the washer, having been abandoned this morning is reminding me that it is waiting to be dry. Beep. I sigh, perhaps in a minute. Then the dryer joins in. beep... me too.. Just 1 mintute guys...beep, my cell phone reminding me I forgot it on the counter this morning and now have messages waiting.
I breathe, this I can't ignore but I've had my minute and I go to do my duty... return my calls...beep. the microwave chimes in... forgotten reheated day old coffee still waiting... beep. Different tones, different timings, electronic clutter. The song of my poor planning
I am alone in my house.
It feels I am being pecked to death by ducks. My grannie used to say this. I now know what she meant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
The noises of living don't pause buttons (most of the time). I sit here and listen to the noises of my life and wonder what happened to my earplugs lol. Good luck finding a quiet moment.
I don't like beeps much. Get rid of beeps.
you forgot the grandfather clock;)
Funny how the smallest of things tend to creep up on us to annoy us with all that noise!
(((Hope))) Hope you got at least an hour worth of quiet time!
Mysti
It's the end of the day; I hope your evening has been more relaxing than you day.
Post a Comment