Spelling Alert: Canadian English used on this site
When I write, I often will note differences in Canadian spelling because I don't want anyone to think I can't spell. This one time post will fufill my need to do that.We spell things differently. I don't know why. If you see the following words in future blogs, please remember I speak Canadian:
Behaviour
Colour
Centre
Cheque
This list is far from complete, so any words that may pop out at you are not spelling errors, they are Canadian.
Technicolour brought to you by Hope's Underground Campaign for Spring
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Ok, so you have an "excuse" (even though it is not needed)
What about me? I don't live in Canada, I don't think I've ever been there, and I don't live in the UK.
I have still be known to type colour and cheque.
I also sometimes cross my 7 and Z when I write.
Type however you want. Spell things however you choose. It's your blog. ;0)
You missed a few Canuck words there Hope....
"Ah-Boot" = "About"
"Oat-side" = "Outside"
"Take off eh?" = "You're Annoying Me Sir"
Perhaps I should take some foriegn language lessons, for our next visit to your vacation spots, please continue at your leisure gentlemen, I Hope the human language sponge will be spekin merician fore iz knoz it.
My Canadian friend Karla also told me that you guys say "zed" for the letter Z?
Don't you find it annoying when Word tries to correct your spelling? I hate it when I spell check and have the words you mentioned come up as errors.
gina, I don't get it . It is ZED.
Post a Comment