Today is the day that my son goes back to get a check on his injured eye. My family Doctor saved my butt, and got me an appointment with Another specialist. If you recall, I waited almost 8 hours last Monday to see the EYE GOD and ended up exploding in the waiting room.
This time I am prepared. As well as an appointment, I also have a busy work day, so last night was spent in careful preparation. I am typically optimistic, but having been caught unprepared last week, I covered all my bases. I am prepared for the wait.
Cell phone, laptop,work files, bottled water, 47.00 in change for the parking meters, change of clothes, food, books, discman, gameboy, and a soccer ball, just to worry them.
All packed by my front door, in anticipation of my new specialist appointment. I sleep restlessly though, wondering what the new specialist has heard about me. Alarm rang, up and showered. breakfast. Check.
Husbands cell phone rings, I don't hear the conversation as I am so busy getting ready. I walk in the bedroom, and there is said husband, laying on the bed, not getting ready for work. It seems the call was a cancellation of a meeting he had scheduled all day.
Guess who's at the specialist right at this moment, with our son?
UPDATE: it is 9:58am my son just called. All is well. His appointment was at 9:30am. He was out in 25 minutes.
Actual Untaped Phone Conversation: ( I could not help myself)
Ring ring:
EYE GOD'S office
Yes this is Hope, the lady who had a hissy fit in your reception area last Monday
(knowingly) yes
I just need the Eye God to know that my son was refered to A REAL SPECIALIST, and his appointment took 25 minutes.
(with attitude) and.........
I'm so happy that I'm delivering pizza at noon to all the poor saps in your waiting room that have been there since 7:30 am . Could you ask them what toppings they like?
Click.
Technicolour brought to you by Hope's Underground Campaign for Spring
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Classic...and pretty funny. I wonder what kind of topping they prefered? You really should have a pizza delivered just for kicks!
I finally posted by the way! Aren't you proud ?
I really would love too,not only to make my point, but to feed those poor people, but if today is like the waiting room last week their will be 25-30 people there.
That's a hundred and thirty bucks. That money is going into my vacation fund.
You show up with a karaoke machine and "entertain" everyone while they wait. Maybe have an open mike invitation. You might even make some money. You could bust some of those supa bad "Ellen" dance moves you been practicing.
Can I please be you when I grow up?
Post a Comment