The Greatest Journey Ever Told: The Trail of our DNA National Geographic, March 2006
Here's my summary:
- Studying mtDNA (passed from mother to child) scientists calculate that all living human beings everywhere are linked to one mother thru an unbroken chain of mothers. Let's call her Eve.
- studying "Y" chromosomes (passed from father to son) scientists calculate that all living male humans are related to one male. Let's call him Adam.
This refined DNA testing has determined that all inhabitants of earth trace their ancestory to modern African Hunter/ Gatherers. Yes folks, Adam and Eve were African hunter and gatherin kinda folks.
- Earliest modern human remains have been found in Ethiopia ( 200,000 years ago)
- evidence is that humans left Africia , at some point, started populating the middle east but died out 90,000 years ago.
- a small tribe of humans (thought to be less than 1000) left Africia 50-70 thousand years ago. These travelers took with them very few genetic markers. It is from this small travelling tribe of Africans that all non Africans decended.
- after leaving Africia, humans spread to the middle East then Asia thenEurope. It is thought that they travelled to the Americia from Asia during when land actually connected the two continents.
- Through inbreeding of these very few genetic marker and possibly hooking up with primative humans, grew the other races. Asians, Natives and Caucasions.
- So, if you are human you decended from Africa. If you are non African, you are the result of a thousand or so Africans leaving to populate the rest of Earth.
So, science bears out what creationists have always known. Adam and Eve started it all. And we all are related.
So when God says, your brother or your sister, he means it literally
I've always known I have a Creator. I have always cringed at hate or intolerance because of ancestory or skin colour.
So I would like to E Mail this article to The KKK and other White Supremist groups just so that they can get their own DNA testing done.
I would also like to suggest to them that they make this testing manitory in order to become a card carrying member.
Just so they can keep out the trash.
Peace Brothers and Sisters.
And I want to clarify.... cause I happened to take a poke at the KKK and other idiots ( no offence Mark) see W3's post for another example.
I'm saying everybody, all four races and their blendings... let's move on... we are not getting anywhere using race to divide us. It's a none issue folks. Ya can't argue with DNA
So where does is start? Damned if I know, with the exception of me, and my mouth and my example and a little help ( ok a lot) from my brothers and sisters.........

6 comments:
great blog, often we make a huge distinction between black and white and any other colour but we only need truly to find out what colkour we are simply by our blood, its the same red no matter who you are. Peace to you also hope
I'm with ya sista! Down to racism!!
My family understands what it is like to be judged about something that we cannot and should not be required to change. Our Cree Princess of the heart is also a child of the system. This judgement angers us, and then i think, this is one thing, one big time in my life where i was judged by my race. How much bitterness would be within me if i had to encounter racial ignorance on a daily basis.
You put things well W3 as always, or at least most time.
Good one Hope.
I was born and raised in Miami Florida. My Dad decided in 1976 to leave Miami due to the high crime and drug culture and relocate in North Georgia.
In Miami I had several Cuban, Puerto Rican and black friends(all who live on my block). We would all play GI Joe, ride bikes and even get mad and fight each other. But we never scrapped over the color of our skin or the dialect in which we spoke. We fought over silly kid stuff like having a cooler GI Joe than you did.
When we moved to Georgia when I was 15, I experienced racism for the first time in my life. And it went both ways too. Most blacks felt the same about whites as the whites felt about them.
Y'know, you can put young children of all colors and nationalities into one room and they will accept each other as they are. They have one goal; playing. Will they fight and fuss with one another, sure they will. They will fuss over who had a certain toy or which crayon they want, but not over skin color.
You said it all in that Blog Sister!
Right on.
Hugs
SCM
LOVE THIS!!!!
Post a Comment