After dropping St Kate off at the airport, I got back on the highway,
cranked up our road trip tunes and was a little heavy on the pedal.
I haven't been stopped for speeding for ages,
but I saw the car pull out from his little hidey place,
and knew I was busted.
Pulled over, put the car in park and reach over for my purse.
I panic when I can't find it,
pawing through my purse and it's just not there!!.........
Too late,
the cop is at my passenger window,
and I have not yet found my lipstick.
I usually have great success with situations like this:
admiting my wrong doing,
apologizing, smiling,
all the while making eye contact and
hanging on to every word of their stern warning.
Not this time.
85.00 ticket.
All business.
Am I losing my charm???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
You crack me up!
We all have to admit it sooner or later...we aren't as young and cute as we used to be. Sad but true.
Nah - they're just getting more hardcore about it. I even cried on the last one and still got nailed. I'm sure you're just as charming as ever!
Thanks for the tip on the food sensitivity issue and night terrors - I'll check it out. Mercifully it hasn't happened again.....
That is funny. I was going to say something about not having gotten a ticket in....but I decided that might jinx me and I don't need that right now. LOL
Bummer on the ticket. Do you have traffic school to go to so that it doesn't effect insurance rates? How does all that work up there cross the border.
Maybe he was gay.
oshee:
no worries on the insurance. We work tickets/insurance up here, much like the US military... don't ask, don't tell. They usually only check your abstract if you want changes.
W3; you made my day. of course he was gay, what other explaination could there be??
Lmbo at wadicals comment. I just hate when I get a ticket. I am sure you are just as charming as ever. I think Wadical is right, he must have been gay!
Hubba-hubba works with a guy who he swears would write his own mother a ticket.
Some of them are just very strict, by-the-book guys, and there's not much you can do about it.
I had the same thought as wadical.
But then, I've never been very good at pourin' on the charm. Maybe you could teach me some secrets. For one thing, I never have lipstick in my purse - maybe THAT'S my problem.
I am sure if you had your lipstick..it would have ALL been different. Sorry about the ticket!
Post a Comment