Get thee behind me, Chaos....
last week was a hurricane of meetings and interviews and incidents and accidents ,
if it could hit the fan, it did.
All pointed in my general direction.
At the end of the week, as I was packing my boxes and briefcase to drag my sorry ass home,
I noticed that someone had left their purse behind,
tiny little thing, about the size of a paperback.
I asked around my office, but because we'd had so many outside people in, I decided to open it to find out who it belonged to.
In it I found, a chapstick, a cell phone, a debit card and a drivers licence.
That's it. 4 tiny things.
When I saw the drivers licence, I knew that the purse belonged to a young woman who I had interviewed that morning and decided to hire.
When the interview committee had talked after her interview, we all had commented on her personality, which shone through any interview nervousness. A delightful young woman.
With apparently no baggage.
I looked from her purse to the pile of stuff on my desk that I was preparing to haul home,
and I had a mini breakdown.
You know the feeling. Absolutely overwhelmed.
So I had my cry and got to thinking about the good old days,
prior to being a wife , having children and being a boss.
Days when I could have a purse with 4 things in it,
or better yet, my faded levi's with 10 bucks in the back pocket and good to go.
No baggage.
When I get in these moods I want to run away... to my carefree past.
And put the present on hold.
Although I earned the credits I was never great at physics class,
but in theory, is that doable?
And if it is, where do I sign up?
Monday, October 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
I'm feeling this post 100%!
100%!
(Let me know if you find out where to sign up! I'm there!)
That sounds perfect Hope! I was just talking to my husband about our carefree younger days when we just did stuff without having to plan it to the smallest detail. I only wish I realized how great it was at the time.
I can TOTALLY relate! Sometimes I leave the house alone with just the ten bucks in my jeans pocket just so I can pretend, for that brief time, that I don't have baggage.
I guess it ebbs and flows. I have to say, I sure was glad leaving the diaper bag phase behind. At least it's easier going out with the kids now.
I think we all go through phases where we look back and think, my goodness, I remember when I could just walk out of the house and go wherever I felt like.
It's just temporary, though. Because you look around and see your family and know that the present is where you really belong.
Sign me up too! alot of the time I want to be 18 again.
And HUGS Chickie.
awwww ((((hope)))) sign me up too.... HOpe your feeling better emotionally tomorrow.
Blessings.
Life certainly can be funny...it sometimes seems like the older we get, the harder life becomes. I love those days gone by and I constantly tell myself, there's new and wonderful things to come...nice post...thank you
I am SO right there with ya!!!!
I miss those days of 10 bucks in the levis pocket and nothing else.........no cell phone, no huge bag with GermX, wet wipes, toys, books, bandaids, no gps, makeup bag,20 keys ect...
those were some goooood days. I would like to revisit again.....if ya figure out how let me know too please :)
Hmm..I tried to comment just a moment ago but it wouldn't let me.
I remember going out with friends with all the necessities pack away in my pockets. It was a simpler time that is for sure.
I wouldn't trade what I have now for it tho. It was a much lonelier time too.
There are days I want to sign up and sign out and days that I wouldn't dream of trading the current life for anything in the world.
Hugs Hope and hange in there!!
Hey Hope don't feel bad I have thoues day's to In fact I was having one today . it will get better just hang in there after all are name's are Hope you know.
thanks guys, for just "getting " what I'm feeling.
Still treading water, but I went back and read mysti's post on Attitude.great post.
I just know that benefits that I will get from this smile plastered on my face are gonna kick in any minute. :)
i want me one of the purses also;) And what exactly do you do hope?
hmm...we all yearn for the carefree days but at the same time the responsibilty of the moment is wht makes life worthwhile..keep going!! u will find joy knocking on your door even amidst those tough tasks of everyday!! and ya..the bags..i have a problem with that too when it gets toofull..i buy a new one n start from a scratch...
Hi Hope! Wow, I can so totally relate. Ya know, being an adult sucks sometimes. The responsibilities weigh us down....and I too long for simpler days and times at times...but then I see all the wonder my son provides me and of course, he didn't exist in those carefree days. So, I think you take the good and bad and realize its OK to look back but also realize that its easy to idealize looking back too - through rose colored glasses. Anyway, I feel your pain! I hope it gets less overwhelming for you soon.
Totally know what you mean... oh... i used to comment on your blog all the time... under another name...
Post a Comment