Monday, March 05, 2007

I read in the paper this weekend that there is momentum growing to declare
March 24th, Shutdown Day (so how do I underline this to let you know to click here????)
A day to shut down, turn off and tune out all of our computers.
In my day, Timothy Leary preached it a little different,
but I went to sleep with it on my mind, and had wonderful dreams.
In my dream, March 24th became a day in the care free 70's.
A ten bucks in your faded jeans kinda day.
No technology.
No cell phones, no e mail, or faxes or laser print copiers.
No projectors that you forget how to hook up every time you use them, and power point presentations that have to include things that awe and amaze. Not including the message.
No answering machines, or call waiting.
So when I woke up, I thought I would e mail my managers and promote this Shutdown Day.
But when I looked on the calendar I found out it was a Saturday.
What the hell good is that?

8 comments:

Liz said...

Your link gets underlined when I scroll the cursor on it so it's all good. It could be that it will take either the color or the underline, but not both.

As I was reading your post, I thought to myself what a great idea. So I pulled out the calendar and was disappointed to see it was Saturday as well. Hopefully by then I'll be able to be outside all day that day anyways!

Gina said...

Because commerce cannot stop for a day, practically speaking.

Silver Creek Mom said...

It so totally has to be on a week day. Weekends are scared!

;)

BarnGoddess_01 said...

is this a National Day or just Canadian?

Im all for it except, I am very addicted to my cell phone, so are my friends and family-yikes!

Hope said...

It's a world wide shut off your computer day. You can sign up on the link. Anyone going for it???????

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

OK HOPe - have to be honest here. I could NOT do without my cell phone nor my computer for any length of time...nor do I want to. I'm bad, I know!!!
Visit my site when you get the chance...as I am in a photo contest....heck, you may want to enter.

jumpinginpuddles said...

well its good if you cant stand talking to your friends online or cantbe bothered answering blogs then you cna say oh i had a shut down day ;)

Liz said...

To be honest, I think I could do without the computer for a day, but I can't do without my cell phone. That's how I know what my kids are up to.