Monday, October 23, 2006















Picture credit: Her Brothers Keeper
Sherry Blanchard Stewart

http://www.FirstPeople.us


Four years and Forever ago
you came into our lives.

A chosen child.
You are, exactly, where you were meant to be.
In our hearts and lives.
You have reconfirmed Destiny for me.
When I first looked into your sparkling brown eyes,
I knew I had known you forever.
I still marvel at that moment, so clear in my mind.
Instant love. So instaneous, I knew it had always been there.
Waiting for you.
And so , my amazing daughter , on this day,

we celebrate and honour your courageous decision,
to follow your heart...... your destiny.
And to my beautiful Cree Princess,
I repeat my daily promise,
"I will love you ......... forever"





9 comments:

jumpinginpuddles said...

for the amazing things shes offered you , you can reciprocate, thanks for a truly beautiful poem

BarnGoddess_01 said...

I liked the poem.

I know a horse that looks like the one in your painting :)

Liz said...

Sounds like the perfect anniversary for a party!

Gina said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Hope. Read it to your princess for sure.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Hope. Read it to your princess for sure.

Tracy said...

Awww that made me cry. Very beautiful Hope. Thank you for sharing.

Silver Creek Mom said...

Beautiful Hope. Enough said

Anonymous said...

"I will love you ......... forever" – it is too naïve…
I like your poetry.