Between the hustle of Vancouver and Seattle, the thing
I missed most is Silence. I sit here now,
the only sound is the wind in the trees,
but still my head hums with the echos of busy city life.
Now, I have many stories to tell, but first, I must share a secret.
I found out on the plane, that the Red Sox hadn't won in Safeco Field
for the last 8 games..... "huh????", I say to my husband,
"you're telling me that we decided to take our boy to see his beloved Red Sox,
play a team that's gonna whup them?????".
My husband shrugs.
The drunk behind us at the first game , made sure he yelled "The Sox can't win at Safeco", at least 3 times an inning, and by the 7th inning stretch it was evident that the Sox curse would stand. While taking a stretch on the concourse, , I noticed a shiny American penny laying on the ground, by the feet of the guy in front of me. I considered my options, but my granny taught me well, so I excused myself, bent over and scooped up that penny, winked at him, and said, "the Sox need all the help they can get", holding up my prize. He laughed and said, "they need more than that, but I think you'll need to put it in your shoe." He looked down at my flip flops and winked back, "that might be a problem".... Drats....I only brought flip flops, and I could not risk losing my lucky penny.
I did the next best thing however, rubbing it between my thumb and forefinger, for the entire rest of the game. Alas, it did not work, and the Sox went down for the 9th straight game at Safeco Field. But my boy saw his beloved Sox play, and even saw Poppy slam a HR, so all was good with him.
I, however, had a plan for the next two games.
And as they say.........the rest is history............ ; )
note to self....
never eat a full pound of garlic fries the day before you are about to sit in the car for 2 and a half hours at the border.

5 comments:
Well, at least it was gum you chewed yourself.
It was, wasn't it??
There truly is no place like home though!
I'm laughing hard at the garlic fries comment...why, whatever do you mean??? ha ha
We see Hope's foot...when do we EVER get to see Hope's face? I have just always wondered what you look like my dear Hope!!! Can't we have a peek? I bet some of your other faithful readers would love it too, would you guys??
:)
Love ya!
Glad you are back where you can have some peace.
Dana
Ah, the garlic fries will always get you in the end!
And, since we are a Yankee house, any mention of the Red Sox is banned. Other than to rejoice in their losing, of course.
haha about the garlic fries. Made me laugh out loud. The gum idea was brilliant! Sorry your sons team is having such a losing streak. Glad to see you home!
a pound is a lot and umm hands up to being not so drunkj but very loud at the footy mtach last sunday :P:P thank goodness we werent drunk or we too might have caused a ruckus ;)
Post a Comment