Monday, August 13, 2007

Vacation???? did I just have a vacation........

It's just after what should have been my lunch break,
on Monday afternoon, and any lingering effects of my vacation are gone.
I have lost my cell phone.
Seriously lost it, not just misplaced it for a couple of hours.
It has been MIA since Thursday.
I held off cancelling it til Sunday,
but during my wakeful hours of Friday night
I kept imagining people talking non stop to China on my dollar.
So I cancelled it.
And still have not found it.
Along with it, my planner, my contact list and.....
all my favorite downloaded ring tones.

One of my business vehicles was in an accident yesterday,
someone ran a red light and T boned my vehicle.
no one hurt but major damage,
all area body shops are booked up until early October...
(welcome to Prosperous Alberticus, my new nickname for our booming province)
I've been on hold to the insurance company since starting this post ....
I swear to god one day I will just implode dealing with
"virtual" customer service systems that have you punching in numbers
merely to keep you busy while you wait for a call center rep.
You know that moment is close when the voice says "we appreciate your patience "
and you yell back... "I am NOT being patient...."

I also am deleting the beach bum picture I posted last week.
Another victim of my over tired brain and active imagination.
As I lay awake in my frosty Friday wee hours,
I kept thinking of that picture on some perv's wall.
so it's gone, cute as it was.

My name is Hope,I have a purple brain.

So... how's your Monday???

5 comments:

Liz said...

Truthfully, I haven't been on a vacation since 1999. I'd rather be home than living out of a suitcase for a week so when I take a day off here or there, I stay home, sleep in and get stuff done around the house.

My Monday was not so good. I got stuck playing the dutiful wife at a party for one of my husband's business contacts. Something I asked him to never make me do. Long story but I have dreadful memories as a child of serving at my dad's work parties. Suffice it to say that there was no name for grown ups who abuse children back then like there is now. (I almost typed out the word and then thought better of it, considering your last paragraph).

Anonymous said...

I wish we could all skip Mondays because they suck.

sorry about the beach bum photo being gone, but I understand 100%. Ive often wondered about my little one's photos being stolen by some pedophile. Id have to kill them if they did, I hope they know it because I mean business when it comes to my boys (just like you do Im sure!)

oh, the lost cell phone thing, I would be spazzing out. It ranks right up there with the computer lifeline. I hope you get it resolved!

Did you have to press 1 for English before being put on hold for hours? I hope NOT

Hope said...

of course,we have to select every time, everywhere...... this is Canada, FRENCH is our other offical lauguage. Everything sold in Canada must have both french and English, I am fluent in Cereal box French ;)

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

yea Monday's suck..but hey, my Tuesday sucks too. Sorry about your cell phone. I hope you find it...

jumpinginpuddles said...

Vacation who said when where and why? lol good to see you back