I have a wide range in what I consider "normal". I consider myself accepting of differences, without compromising my values. That being said, is there an easy way to block out the following when I am blog surfing?:
*teenage angst.
*foreign languages (I know two languages, that's my legal obligation as a canadian)
*sucky poetry
*people showing off their knitting
*blogs that make me cover the screen if my son's in the same room
*people showing off baby pictures
*blogs that have lots of screwed up words or squares that I don't understand (if it's bad don't tell me)
*people from other planets
*people that discuss things like art and literature( they make me feel dumb, and frankly bore me)
*people with names like spnxzpre galexc
*People with only one interest (and it's not even exciting)
*children's homework pages
*blogs between civil servants on my tax dollar( on second thought maybe I'll monitor these)
*people's diets: 1 cup rasin bran, 1/2 apple, walked 28 miles, 2 sips of water
* blogs that only have one entry it says: testing
*people that block comments on purpose
When advising me of how I can do this, please go easy on the techno talk. I'm not as smart as I sound.
Thursday, February 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Normal? Think about it. Isn't that why you read my site for instance. So you can turn off your computer and breath a sigh of relief that your a little different than me.
Normal is kinda boring if you think about it. Granted, I got no desire to see pictures of a buncha kids that I don't know. I don't even want to see pictures of kids I do know. Discussing books and talking about knitting....all that's normal. We all know normal people. It's the eccentric ones that make life interesting.
Maybe what your looking for is "just a little eccentric". Just enough to be interesting but not someone who dresses up like Star Trek characters and speaks fluent Klingon. I understand. Good luck with that search.
What??? A Canadian who is eccentric. The thought of it all. I guess I will not show my pictures of MY knitting. I figured if the guys in prison could learn so could I. I won't show you the picture of my alien friend from Colorado but I must admit she is strange. I don't like the cussing, the sexual inuendos, the sexual pictures, or any kind of grossness. Kind of eliminates 80% of the blogs doesn't it?
What I really wanted to say was, people who are able to laugh at themselves, share common values,love to learn, are not self centered, people who have grown out of that angst period of their life and have real life experience to share.People who I connect with. But it didn't sound as catchy.
If yer life is boring.....embellish. It's OK as long as yer good at it.
My life is not boring!!!!! There are at least 40 things I have put off today, just to cleanse my soul.
You are so right on about your blog today! Sometimes I spend hours of time wasting away looking at all these blogs that have just been plain crazy!
Marnie
Just catching up on your blog HOpe, even though you wrote this a while back. I laughed when I read about the diet one. 1/2 an apple, 2 sips of water and walked 28 miles - LOL!!! Pretty funny. I talk about losing weight but not to that extreme - but I know a lot of people do. Speaking of bloggin...I need to do an entry today. I'm pissed off at the guy I am currently dating and need to vent about it!
Post a Comment