Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Every morning, I know I will wake up to the sun rising,
just as I know that same sun will set at days end.
I know day will become night, that
spring becomes summer, and summer fades to autumn.
So why does my whole system go into shock with the first snowfall?
It never fails.... I stare out in horror,
my bones get immediately cold,
and my first thought is....:
why do I live in this godforsaken land?
Thank God I took a lot of pictures and tried
pleasantly hard to get the most out of summer with my tribe.
It's gotta tide us over.
Even though we probably have a few weeks of warmish weather to look forward to,
today is a wake up call to snuggle in.

7 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, I can't imagine it snowing this early in the year! We don't usually get much snow until January here. Stay warm, Hope!

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

wow snow..what is that - ha ha. It is still hot here in Texas though we are suposed to get a cold front soon. Still I guess I would rather have it hot than freezing cold and iced over all the time - though Hope, I find it hard to feel sorry for ya given your beautiful country and where you live... :)

BarnGoddess_01 said...

I hear ya friend :)

My sister sent me pics from home early this morning, SNOW and ICE, lots of it. It looked so COLD!

I am sending you some warm Oklahoma sunshine
and
a cup of my famous hot chocolate with lots of baileys and whip creme!
((hugs))

Tracy said...

ohhh Man it is snowing already! Sheesh, yep time to snuggle in, cook up some wonderful soups and stews, and cozy up in front if the fireplace with a good book, a hot cup of tea, and remember summer will be back.

Hugs Hope!

Heather Plett said...

Yeah, we got it too. Sob.

Kuan Gung said...

Wow...ittle early...

BarnGoddess_01 said...

are you staying warm and dry?